Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Simon Solomon <b0...@FDS.com> on 2003/05/02 19:58:01 UTC

Re: WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeInputOnlyOperation

Thanks Nirmal!

I will have to see if I my company permits it.

Simon Solomon
ssolomon@fds.com
678.474.2736

           Nirmal Mukhi
           <nm...@us.ibm.com>
           04/30/2003 04:39 PM        wsif-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc

            Please respond to                                      Subject
           wsif-user@ws.apache        Re:
                  .org                WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeInpu
                                      tOnlyOperation

Hi,

You're right this is certainly an inconsistency, we need to have the same
behavior in both cases, and throwing a WSIF exception with the Axis
exception information seems appropriate. Since you have the test case, can
you submit a patch to make our work easier? :-)

Thanks,
Nirmal.

   "Simon Solomon"
   <b0...@FDS.com>                    To:        wsif-user@ws.apache.org

                                       cc:
   04/30/2003 11:54 AM                 Subject:
   Please respond to wsif-user WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeInputOnlyO
                               peration

Hi,

when calling an input only service with
WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeInputOnlyOperation(WSIFMessage input),
how can the caller verify that the execution of the operation is
successful?

Problem:
When calling an "RPC" style input only service, any axis call invocation
exceptions that might get generated,
seem to be lost in the "invokeAXISRPCStyle" method. In return, the WSIF
client will not be able to determine
the result of the service execution.

However, when calling "document" style input only service, axis call
invocation exception is caught and a new
WSIFException is thrown to the WSIF client. (Refer to the "
invokeAXISDocStyle" method)

Could someone please clarify or indicate if this is actually a bug within
the WSIFOperation_ApacheAxi class?

The following sample WSDL's were used.

Complex3JMS.wsdl = RPC style service
putmessage.wsdl = document style service

(See attached file: COMPLEX3JMS.wsdl)(See attached file: putmessage.wsdl)

Thanks,
Simon Solomon
ssolomon@fds.com

#### COMPLEX3JMS.wsdl has been removed from this note on April 30, 2003 by
Nirmal Mukhi
#### putmessage.wsdl has been removed from this note on April 30, 2003 by
Nirmal Mukhi

Re: WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeInputOnlyOperation

Posted by Simon Solomon <b0...@FDS.com>.

Nirmal,
     here's how I have handled this issue temporarily.

1. Created a private instance variable
private boolean isOneWay;

2. Set this.isOneWay = true in the following method:
executeInputOnlyOperation(WSIFMessage inMsg)

3. Set this.isOneWay = false in the following methods:
executeRequestResponseOperation(WSIFMessage inMsg,WSIFMessage
outMsg,WSIFMessage faultMsg)
executeRequestResponseAsync(WSIFMessage inMsg)
executeRequestResponseAsync(WSIFMessage inMsg,WSIFResponseHandler handler)

4. modified the invokeAXISRPCStyle(...) method's catch (AxisFault e) block
as

catch (AxisFault e) {
               Trc.exception(e);
               response = e;
               respOK = false;

               //TODO: ADDED BY SIMON
               //TODO: This is a temp Fix by SIMON to handle axis faults
during oneway calls
                if(this.isOneWay)
                    throw new WSIFException("Exception on AXIS invoke: "
+e.getMessage());
               //END OF Fix

          }

Simon Solomon