Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ben Vogan <be...@shopkick.com> on 2017/05/09 22:59:02 UTC

ZeppelinContext textbox for passwords

Hi there,

Is it possible to create a textbox for accepting passwords via the
ZeppelinContext (i.e. one that masks input)?  I do not see any way to do
so, but I hope I'm missing something.

*BENJAMIN VOGAN* | Data Platform Team Lead

<http://www.shopkick.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/shopkick> <https://www.instagram.com/shopkick/>
<https://www.pinterest.com/shopkick/> <https://twitter.com/shopkickbiz>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/831240/?pathWildcard=831240>

Re: ZeppelinContext textbox for passwords

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
It is not possible for now, but I already made the dynamic forms
extensible, should be able to create password textbox easily. You can
create ticket for it.

Ben Vogan <be...@shopkick.com>于2017年5月9日周二 下午3:59写道:

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
In pyspark with Jupyter we used to do
getpass.getpass "Prompt the user for a password without echoing"
https://docs.python.org/2/library/getpass.html
but with Zeppelin Spark Interpreter wouldn't pass interactive request
to pyspark REPL - it actually makes spark interpreter paragraph hang.

I was thinking to submit a jira for this a while back.
Not sure how hard it would be to add in Zeppelin.

Here's how it looks in Jupyter (Jupyer actually displays an interactive
prompt under the paragraph):

[image: Inline image 1]

Here's how it looks in Zeppelin (after canceling execution as it gets
stuck):

[image: Inline image 2]

I think if Zeppelin could understand that there is an interactive prompt,
this will be helpful not only with password prompts but any other cases
(including shell interpreter).

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov