Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bhakti Mehta <Bh...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/15 23:24:01 UTC

Problem with setInputSource of SAXSource

Hi Scott,

I am a member of the SQE team at Sun and I wish to bring this to your attention.

I am trying to use a no argument constructor of SAXSource and then use the
setInputSource method of SAXSource and then use  transform method of the
Transformer.

It throws the following exception

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Can't transform a Source of type
javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXSource! at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at SaxSource01.checkInputSource(SaxSource01.java, Compiled Code)
        at SaxSource01.main(SaxSource01.java, Compiled Code)

However if use the SAXSource(InputSource inputSource) constructor the program
works.
I am attaching the Java program and the xml and xsl files for your reference.

Regards,
Bhakti