Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Isaac Oren <is...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/21 12:15:45 UTC

MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files

I have downloaded a WAR file into a Vista machine, but the OS can't open the file as it does with normal ZIPed files, also placing the WAR file as is in the webapp directory and try to access it doesn't work.. is there something I need to do for special for Vista 9Tomca 5.5)Thanks, Isaac

RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Isaac Oren [mailto:isaacoren@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
>
> Log files are attached.

The mailing list strips most attachments, including yours.  You'll need to post the logs directly in the message.

 - Chuck

RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files

Posted by Isaac Oren <is...@yahoo.com>.

Chuck thanks..

I did multiple trials running drools RBMS directly under Tomcat 5.5 but couldn't make happen, at last I downloaded the standalone JBOSS + drools-guvnor. This works fine. But when I take the same drools-guvnor war file and place in the webapps of Tomact - Tomcat refuses to deply the application (although the directory is expended fine). I did copy 3 update jsf jar files to the Tomcat lib as directed. Log files are attached. Thanks, Isaac.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Isaac Oren <is...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Youssef,, nop.. 7-ZIP had no problems open the war file.. Vista couldn't.. it odd but that's MS I guess..Vista open itslef other ZIP files with no problems..

a WAR file is a normal zip. Yours is probably corrupted.
Regards, Youssef

Posted by Youssef Mohammed <yo...@gmail.com>.