Posted to user@commons.apache.org by me...@assetmanagement.natexis.fr on 2003/11/07 08:47:26 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: dbcp size nightmare

better,
Im closing in my finally statement all resources.

Resultset,statement and connection.

Meissa Sakho
NATEXIS ASSET MANAGEMENT
Direction de l'organisation
Tel. : 01 58 19 45 71
http://www.assetmanagement.natexis.fr

Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>
07/11/2003 08:22
Veuillez répondre à "Jakarta Commons Users List"

        Pour :  Jakarta Commons Users List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc :
        Objet : Re: Réf. : RE: dbcp size nightmare

Make sure that you include a finally block after your catch, in which
you actually close the connection.

try {
    //Do your db con here.

}catch (SQLException e) {
    e.printStackTrace() ;
}finally {
     try {
          if(con!=null) { con.close() ;  }
    }catch (SQLException e) {
       e.printStackTrace() ;
    }
}

You can find this design pattern in the tomcat doc as well (under JNDI
datasource how-to)  .

Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: dbcp size nightmare

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.
Uh, sorry, I didn't quite get that. Could you include your code for us
to see ?