Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nathan Marz <na...@rapleaf.com> on 2008/06/30 19:50:27 UTC

Parameterized InputFormats

Hello,

Are there any plans to change the JobConf API so that it takes an
instance of an InputFormat rather than the InputFormat class? I am
finding the inability to properly parameterize my InputFormats to be
very restricting. What's the reasoning behind having the class as a
parameter rather than an instance?

-Nathan Marz

Re: Parameterized InputFormats

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
If your InputFormat implements Configurable you'll get access to the
JobConf via the setConf(Configuration) method when Hadoop creates an
instance of your class.