Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Lachezar Dobrev <l....@gmail.com> on 2016/07/18 11:36:28 UTC

Re: Bolding, enhancing fonts when converting to image.

  Sorry for the late response.

  The idea to try the bold font variants arose due to the fact that the
parts of the label that had bold fonts looked fine as opposed to the
regular variants.

  Anyway, the solution I went with was rendering the image at 1-to-1 (not
up-scaled), but move the black-point for the grey pixels up to about 5/1,
so that more pixels became black, which looks acceptable. I was unable to
persuade our partners to return larger or bold fonts.