Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Alex Kiesel <al...@kiesel.name> on 2011/09/23 08:24:11 UTC

Installing dependencies to local repository

Hi all,

when building an artifact with maven, IIRC the default behavior will
be that all downloaded dependencies will be in the .m2/repositories
directory, upon rebuild they don't need to be re-downloaded.

I was trying to accomplish something similar: when builing something
in my build, ivy needs to download the artifacts and they'll be in the
local cache afterwards. But after cleaning this out, they would be
gone again and another clean build would download them again.

My approach was to <ivy:install/> the dependencies, but this task
takes an explicit combination of org/module, so I'd need to iterate
over the dependencies. Or - I'd install the just created artifact plus
its dependencies transitively, but if the build fails before, there is
no dependency to install.

Any suggestions here?

Regards,
-Alex