Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kazys Jocionis <ka...@btinternet.com> on 2001/05/24 15:10:52 UTC

Re: someone give me a example

Hi,

Thats easy.

1. change config to use database to store users (see notes below )
2. create table Users in James database
I havent found documentation for this but this works on Mysql:

CREATE TABLE Users (
  username varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  password varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (username(1)),
  KEY Key_password (password(1))
) TYPE=MyISAM;

3.restart James
it it works OK you now should be able to insert new users straight to
database using remote admin 4555
(if anything wrong check what exception you got )

4. if this works you can use servlet or anything to insert new users to that
table and James will use it.

Dont forget to add JDBC driver to classpath
also
check that maildatabase ir pointing to the right path in config
and dont forget to comment out using file for users and uncomment using
database !

It works for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kazys Jocionis

PS. sorry if my English is not perfect :)