Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2002/07/01 13:28:11 UTC

tag problem...

FMA> My environment is J2se 1.4.0_01 This is using the lastest batik
FMA> 1.5beta3.

FMA> The problem is that whenever I use the "use" tag I get this error
FMA> thrown:

FMA> 	Exception:org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException:
FMA> null Enclosed Exception: null:-1 The URI '' specified on the
FMA> element <use> is invalid

The problem is the line:

    use_tag.setAttributeNS(null,"xlink:href","#Blob_red");

    This sets the attribute 'xlink:href' in the default namespace (
the SVG Namespace).  I think you want:

    private final static String xlinkNS = "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";

[...]

    use_tag.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS,"href","#Blob_red");