Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex2222 <ma...@tapestryforums.com> on 2006/01/03 09:55:24 UTC

Setting a abstract variable does not work

Hi!
I am using Tapestry 4.0 with Spring 1.2.6 an got a problem with my Login procedure. I want to redirect my user after logging in to the previous requested, protected page. My protected pages are inherited from a ProtectedPage with a PageValidateListener:

-----
public void pageValidate(PageEvent event) {
  Login login = (Login) getRequestCycle().getPage("Login");
  login.setCallback(new PageCallback(this));
  throw new PageRedirectException(login);
}
-----

Login.java:
-----
public abstract void setCallback(ICallback value);
public abstract ICallback getCallback();
public void onLogin() {
  log.debug("callback:"+ getCallback());
}
-----

The logfile says "callback: null", but if I call login.getCallback from the listener method it has a value. How do I say Tapestry/Spring to persist my Callback? Is there another way to solve this problem?

Alex.

Sent from www.TapestryForums.com

Read this topic online here: <<topic_link>>

http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=12592#12592

Re: Setting a abstract variable does not work

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Alex2222 <maillist <at> tapestryforums.com> writes:

> public abstract void setCallback(ICallback value);
> public abstract ICallback getCallback();
> public void onLogin() {
>   log.debug("callback:"+ getCallback());
> }
>
> The logfile says "callback: null", but if I call login.getCallback from the
> listener method it has a value.
> How do I say Tapestry/Spring to persist my Callback? Is there another way to
> solve this problem?

Are you sure you have mark the callback property as persistent?

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)