Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pe...@gmx.net on 2005/03/01 09:09:35 UTC

Tooltips in Struts

Hello,

is there a simple way to include tooltips in a web-application
with Struts?

Regards,

Peter

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: AW: Tooltips in Struts

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
>  > > is there a simple way to include tooltips in a web-application with
>  > > Struts?

This has nothing to do with Struts, but I have found the OverLib
Javascript library to be a pretty good way to provide tooltip type
effects: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

AW: Tooltips in Struts

Posted by Günther Wieser <gw...@creative-it.com>.
you can use the title attribute of the span tag like this way:
elements</span>

and with using CSS you can set up the tooltip behaviour:

.reportTooltip {
  COLOR: gray;
  CURSOR: help;
  TEXT-DECORATION: none;
}

if you use "cursor: help" the cursor in the browser will change to a cursor
plus question mark when the user moves over any element that has a tooltip,
showing the user that a tooltip exists.

kr,
guenther