Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kishore Pagadala <Ki...@mindtree.com> on 2009/08/26 13:15:49 UTC

Any retry framework for Ofbiz ?

Hi All,

Requirment: Need to call a third party service from OFBiz, if the service is not available I need to try it after every hour till we get a reply.

Do we have any retry framework provided by OFBiz ?
I want a third party service (maxmind Fraud detection, Authroize.net, Endicia ) to be probed with a given frequency.

Does the OFBiz framework supports this kind of retrying process ?

Regards,
Kishore

Re: Any retry framework for Ofbiz ?

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Kishore,

OFBiz has "Job Scheduler", which can help you. Please look at - http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Service+Engine+Guide
   (Job Scheduler).
A scheduled will enter the estimated dates for you based on the
defined task dependencies and planned/actual duration of the tasks.

--
Regards
Sumit Pandit

Posted by Hemanth Kumar Kanamarlapudi <he...@mindtree.com>.
Hi Kishore,

You can refer SchedularJobs.xml in party folder or SchedularServices.xml in framework.

<entity-engine-xml>
    <!-- create recurring job to check email communication events with the status COM_IN_PROGRESS to send these emails.. -->
    <TemporalExpression tempExprId="SENDEMAIL" tempExprTypeId="FREQUENCY" integer1="12" integer2="5"/>
    <JobSandbox jobId="SENDEMAIL" jobName="Send Email" runTime="2000-01-01 00:00:00.000" serviceName="sendEmailDated" poolId="pool" runAsUser="system" tempExprId="SENDEMAIL" maxRecurrenceCount="-1"/>
</entity-engine-xml>

Regards
Hemanth