Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net> on 2006/02/01 00:04:04 UTC

[shale] Outputting formatted numbers

I'm trying to format the output of some numbers.  Before, the way I
would do this was:

<h:outputText value="#{myBean.score}">
  <f:convertNumber maxFractionDigits="1" />
</h:outputText>

I've tried this with the clay-config.xml with:

  <component jsfid="outputScore" extends="outputText">
    <element renderId="0" jsfid="convertNumber">
      <attributes>
        <set name="maxFractionDigits" value="1" />
      </attributes>
    </element>
  </component>

But that gives me a NPE with the message "The component identified by
jsfid convertNumber could not be found."  Was the f:convertNumber
component not mapped on purpose or is this a simple oversight?

I tried creating my own mapping using:

  <component jsfid="numberConverter" componentType="javax.faces.Number" >
    <attributes>
      <set name="currencyCode" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="currencySymbol" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="maxFractionDigits" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="minFractionDigits" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="maxIntegerDigits" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="minIntegerDigits" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="pattern" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="groupingUsed" bindingType="Early" />
      <set name="integerOnly" bindingType="Early" />
    </attributes>
  </component>

But that throws an exception saying that javax.faces.Number is an
undefined component type.  Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks,
Rich