Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eric Gulatee <eg...@osc.ny.gov> on 2019/03/12 14:36:38 UTC

Apache Wicket & Static Analysis Security Testing

Hello Wicketeers,

Does anyone know if there are any SAST (Static Analysis Security Testing) tools (Commercial or OpenSource) that support Apache Wicket?
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Source_Code_Analysis_Tools

Is there value in adopting a SAST tool if it doesn’t explicitly support the apache wicket framework?

--
Cheers,

Eric Gulatee
NYS OSC AppDev Enterprise Architect  [Garnet River & Abilis]

Re: Apache Wicket & Static Analysis Security Testing

Posted by Martin Spielmann <ma...@martinspielmann.de>.
Hi,

I would also always go for static code analysis if you have the possibility. Using Sonarqube I never had any Wicket related issues in the past.
I can remember one rule (from the default java ruleset) that had to be customized because it identified the use of anonymous inner classes as bad behavior. However, this is pretty common with Wicket.
Everything else works just fine with the defaults.

Best regards,
Martin

Posted by lu...@k40s.net.
Hi,

I use the FindBugs (SpotBugs) plugin for IntelliJ to scan for
vulnerabilities. It's actually not made for security bugs but there is a

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I am not aware of any such tool that has special rules for Wicket classes.
Anyway, I think static analysis tools are still useful!