Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by M Eashwar <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 09:21:04 UTC

Attacks in Apache servers

Hi,

   Anyone attacked with reference to below URL?

http://efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=105167&ntype=mor&edate=4/29/2013

Re: Attacks in Apache servers

Posted by M Eashwar <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

    Thanks for your views.

    It seems to be like very difficult to come for a conclusion :-)

Regards
Eashwar

Posted by "David N. Smith" <da...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Attacks in Apache servers

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/05/2013 12:29, Jess Holle wrote:
> http://blogs.cisco.com/security/linuxcdorked-faqs/ claims this is not a
> cPanel vulnerability per se...

To quote the relevant part of that article:

<quote>
How are attackers gaining access to the host servers?
How the attackers are gaining root access to begin with is a separate
matter, still unresolved. Attackers may have stolen login credentials
via phishing, or via a localized infection on a management system, or
simply by brute-force guessing the login.
</quote>

httpd is simply the vehicle the attackers are using to run their malware
*once they already have root access*

There is no Apache http vulnerability to see here. Move along. Move along.

Mark

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Darryl Lewis <da...@unsw.edu.au>.

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>.