Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Zita Dombi <zi...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/27 15:00:11 UTC

[VOTE] Proposal to merge HttpFS support in Ozone feature branch (HDDS-5447-httpfs) into master

Hi Ozone Devs!

I’m starting this vote thread for merging the HttpFS Support in Ozone
feature branch (HDDS-5447 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-5447>)
to the master branch. The discussion thread can be found here
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/k63rkm49vjzvnz3dby68nznskmhsfdg1%E2%80%A8>
.

Ozone HttpFS is a WebHDFS compatible interface implementation, as a
separate role it provides an easy integration with Ozone via REST API. It
started with forking the existing HDFS HttpFS endpoint implementation,
after that we solved some dependency issues and got rid of some of them. We
removed the client side code of it, added handling for the (currently)
unsupported operations. Integration tests were added for the ozone(secure)
and ozone(secure)-ha environments.

Since the discussion thread we finished the documentation (HDDS-5966
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-5966>) and a few smaller
things have been addressed (thanks Attila for pointing them out). The wiki
page has been updated accordingly, which can be found here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=240883091>
.

Thanks,

Zita and Pifta

Re: [VOTE] Proposal to merge HttpFS support in Ozone feature branch (HDDS-5447-httpfs) into master

Posted by Prashant Pogde <pp...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1