Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Armand Liberi <al...@acutronic.com> on 2000/09/15 17:09:25 UTC

Building the Xerces C++ on LynxOS, v. 3.0.1

Hello,

I am attempting to build the Xerces C++ parser under LynxOS, v. 3.0.1.  The configure fails because it doesn't know this OS.  I did find LynxOS, v. 2.* in config.guess and changed it to LynxOS, v. 3.* just to move on.  Now, configure completes, but the PLATFORM is 'UNKNOWN'.  If I try to use the Makefile, a host of errors occur, the first of which is that 'cp -fp' is used and the 'cp' on LynxOS doesn't recognize '-f'.  Is there any hope of doing this?  And, if so, are there any FAQs, etc. that I can consult.  TIA

Regards,
Armand