Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Boerner - The Virtu <de...@thevirtu.com> on 2004/03/13 02:30:37 UTC

*sniff*

Can anyone help me with what i have to do to install and run Apache::ASP on Windows XP Pro?
What i have done is...download and ran Perl-win32-bin.exe
This comes with and installs Apache server as well it seems.  So then i configured my directories of where i'd like the two modules to go (perl and apache).  Then I run the CPAN through each step:
cpan> install MLDBM
 cpan> install MLDBM::Sync
 cpan> install Digest::MD5  *** may not be needed for perl 5.8+ ***
 cpan> install Apache::ASP
Then I also run PPM through those steps.
Basically my end result is that ASP does not work.  It offers to download the file.
the instructions at http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html
say to add the line
<Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg >
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
  </Directory>
to my httpd.conf (with the directory of my documentRoot in place of that dollar sign thing...which i did...but My Document Root does not have the folders asp and eg inside of that.
If anyone has gotten Apache::ASP to work on a Windows system will you please send me a run down of better instructions?
Thanks sooooo much in advance.
-jason

Re: *sniff*

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Please get help for Apache::ASP on the asp@perl.apache.org list.
Subscribe by sending to asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org

> Basically my end result is that ASP does not work.  It offers to
> download the file.
> the instructions at http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html
> say to add the line
> <Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg >
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride All
>   </Directory>
> to my httpd.conf (with the directory of my documentRoot in place of that
> dollar sign thing...which i did...but My Document Root does not have the
> folders asp and eg inside of that.

To get the examples to work, you need to copy them from the module download
fetched from CPAN.  If you cannot find where CPAN downloads files to on
your system, you might just download the module manually from:

  http://cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache/

Copying your examples is mentioned here:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

Also, I think in the README for the windows download,
it gives you a URL to the Apache::ASP example that comes preinstalled,
saving you from having to do the rest.

Regards,

Josh
Josh Chamas, Founder    | NodeWorks - http://www.nodeworks.com