Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Theis, Karsten" <Ka...@PROSTEP.com> on 2006/04/06 09:31:12 UTC

"Best practice" for setting IDENT_DTM_NODE_BITS and DEFAULT_BLOCKSIZE

Hi,

I'va had trouble with "no more DTM IDs available" while transforming
very large XMl documents (> 200 MB).

I found a solution by changing IDENT_DTM_NODE_BITS to 8 (in
com.prostep.xml.dtm.DTMManager).

After this change I got an "out of memory error", and I changed
DEFAULT_BLOCKSIZE to 64 (in com.prostep.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBase).

Now it works fine and the performance has increased dramatically.
(I think the problem was, that i use str:tokenize very often, and this
consumes DTM Ids, but I'm not sure.)

Now my question:
Is there a a "Best practice" for setting the XALAN constants?

Thanks,
Karsten