Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Chuang <dr...@earthlink.net> on 2001/12/15 01:55:01 UTC

Building mod_jk 13 on redhat 7.2

Hello:

I'm upgrading from Tomcat 3.2.3 to Tomcat 3.3.  I have tomcat running
standalone right now, serving up samples.  So that is easy.  Now, I'm trying
to hookup to apache.

I decided to try and build mod_jk from scratch, even though I found some
binaries already.  But, I'm running into build problems.

Has anyone done this on RH 7.2?  Are there docs on the wbe with tips?

Here is the error I ran into....
======
$ ./build-unix.sh
APACHE_HOME=/usr/sbin
Compiling mod_jk
gcc -DLINUX=22 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -O2 -march=i
386 -mcpu=i686 -fPIC -DE
API_MM_CORE_PATH=/var/run/httpd.mm -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/include/apac
he -I../common -I/usr/jd
k130/include  -c mod_jk.c
/tmp/ccu6YEAY.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccu6YEAY.s:10: Warning: Unrecognized .section attribute: want a,w,x
/tmp/ccu6YEAY.s:10: Warning: Unrecognized .section attribute: want a,w,x
/tmp/ccu6YEAY.s:10: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored character is
`,'.
/tmp/ccu6YEAY.s:504: Warning: Unrecognized .section attribute: want a,w,x

======

Thanks!

Configureing multiple JVMs on Tomcat 3.3

Posted by James Chuang <dr...@earthlink.net>.
Under Tomcat 3.2.3, I had 2 serverXXX.xml  files, and I started 2 instances
of Tomcat, each with it's own serverXXX.XML file.  This allowed each app to
have it's own JVM.

Looking at 3.3's documentation, it seems the right way to define contexts is
to use app_XXX.XML file in the conf directory, and let tomcat find them
directly.

Question, does each context have it's own JVM?  If not, then how should I
create multiple JVMs?  It looks like I have to go back to putting the
context definition in 2 separate server.XML files, then call them
separately, and not use the APP-XXX.XML route, which seems to be the
preferred route.

Thanks in advance.

jchuang