Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/06/27 16:34:08 UTC

[axis2] PLEASE READ!! Use JUnit correctly...

Hi devs:

Please take note that the JUnit "assertEquals" methods expect their
arguments in a particular order.  To wit:

assertEquals(expectedValue, testValue) or
assertEquals("Message", expectedValue, testValue)

If you swap the expected and the test values, then the error message
JUnit emits on failure will be incorrect and potentially confusing.

We have a lot of cases which use these methods incorrectly.  Can we
please stop writing stuff like "assertEquals(val, 5)", and also please
fix these when you see them?

Thanks,
--Glen