Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Coby <no...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 10:40:22 UTC

can't work with validation, please help

Hi, I got a strange validation problem with the list which I retrieved from
an action:

the following form works perfectly fine without using validation,

<s:form action="saveClub" method="post">
<s:textfield label="Club name" name="club.clubName"
value="%{club.clubName}"></s:textfield>
<s:action name="listLeague" id="lgs"></s:action>
<s:select label="League" list="#lgs.leagues" name="club.league.id"
value="%{club.league.id}" listKey="id" listValue="leagueName"
headerKey="" headerValue="---Pls select---">
</s:select>

but after adding ClubAction-validation.xml, I got this error while
submitting the form: tag 'select', field 'list', name 'club.league.id': The
requested list key '#lgs.leagues' could not be resolved as a
collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type. Example: people or
people.{name}.
Note: "leagues" is exactly a List which I defined in LeagueAction.
I am using paramsPrepareParamsStack interceptor for the saveClub action, and
defaultStack interceptor for listLeague action.

I tried all the ways to solve this problem but always failed... Anyone can
help with this issue? Thanks in advance!