Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by tej minhas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 00:21:32 UTC

XML Data Import error

During importing of a fairly large XML file I get the following error:

   - ERROR: Error parsing entity xml file:
   java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 Encoding

The problem is that I cannot determine where in the XML file that the error
occurred.  I understand that it is using some 3rd party javolution modules.

Is there some way to log the line # or XML element that failed?  Perhaps I
need to set some flag/config for javolution?

I did find the following in entitySaxReader.java but never found any such
errors in the log:

    public void startPrefixMapping(CharSequence arg0, CharSequence arg1)
throws SAXException {}

    // ======== ErrorHandler interface implementations ========

    public void error(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException exception) throws
org.xml.sax.SAXException {
        Debug.logWarning(exception, "Error reading XML on line " +
exception.getLineNumber() + ", column " + exception.getColumnNumber(),
module);
    }

    public void fatalError(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException exception) throws
org.xml.sax.SAXException {
        Debug.logError(exception, "Fatal Error reading XML on line " +
exception.getLineNumber() + ", column " + exception.getColumnNumber(),
module);
        throw new SAXException("Fatal Error reading XML on line " +
exception.getLineNumber() + ", column " + exception.getColumnNumber(),
exception);
    }

    public void warning(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException exception) throws
org.xml.sax.SAXException {
        Debug.logWarning(exception, "Warning reading XML on line " +
exception.getLineNumber() + ", column " + exception.getColumnNumber(),
module);
    }

Thanks, tej

Re: XML Data Import error

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Al Byers wrote:

> Tej,
>
> I found this link,
> http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2005-August/008669.html, by going to
> advanced google search and searching on "ofbiz" and "Invalid UTF-8
> Encoding".

Or install xmllint. It's in the freeBSD ports collection, so it should be
available anywhere.

I kept getting this from data that had typgraphic single quotes rather than your
normal US-ASCII quotes.

--
Walter

Re: XML Data Import error

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Tej,

I found this link,
http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2005-August/008669.html, by going to
advanced google search and searching on "ofbiz" and "Invalid UTF-8
Encoding".

HTH

-Al