Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Li Xu <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 23:24:03 UTC

enable open social request to handle additional filter

Dear all,

We run into this problem recently. We need to support additional request
parameters beyond what's defined here.
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/2.0/Core-API-Server.xml#Collection-Request-Parameters

For example:
http://localhost:8080/rest/activitystreams/@self?myfilter1=test1&myfilter2=test2

filterBy doesn't work here since it can only define one filter

Please advise if there's a way to pass in additional parameters into open
social service api.

Right now we're thinking about adding an additional parameter in
CollectionOptions api...

  public Map<String,String> getOptionalParameter() {
    return this.optionalParameters;
  }

  private void setOptionalParameters(Map<String,String> optionalParameters)
{
    this.optionalParameters = optionalParameters;
  }

Thanks,
li

Re: enable open social request to handle additional filter

Posted by Li Xu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey, All

I created a  patch based on this thought and it works fine.
But would like to get any comments/thoughts regarding the overall approach
before submitting the patch.

Posted by Li Xu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Ryan
thanks for the tip. Would you please suggest how we can drive this
requirements to open social spec?

Posted by Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com>.
Li, there needs to be a discussion about this on the OpenSocial spec list
before we make any changes in Shindig.  It's implemented this way because
its what the spec says.  We will need to make changes to the spec before
we check in the changes to Shindig.

-Ryan

Email: rjbaxter@us.ibm.com
Phone: 978-899-3041