Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/11/13 21:44:30 UTC

Preparing 4.6.0 for announce

Hi all,

Now that we have a 4.6.0 GA release, we need to do some extra work to get it to our users. Let’s share the load and make it happen fast!

What’s on my list:

  *   Release Notes for 4.6.0 (let’s list the cool new stuff)
  *   Jira needs to be up2date (was everything tagged with fixed-version 4.6.0 really fixed?)
  *   Documentation needs to be updated (4.6 branch / sections)
  *   API documentation needs to be published (we kicked off a Jenkins job, a PR needs to be sent to cloudstack-www)
  *   Packages need to be prepared on cloudstack.apt-get.eu
  *   Announcement on the website
  *   Announcement e-mail (will do this once everything is in place)

Some of us already worked on this. Please reply with an update on the current status so we know what is still needed. I would aim for this to be ready on Monday or Tuesday the latest.

Please also note:

I just pushed the 4.6.0 tag. I’m also preparing a 4.6 branch from which we can create 4.6.x releases and also will prepare master for 4.7. I will complete this work over the weekend.

  *   Update your Pull Requests where needed: Bug fixes that need to be fixed in 4.6.0 need a Pull Request against 4.6 and after it is merged, it will be forward merged to master (I’m sure John will love this!)
  *   Any Pull Request (new features for example) to master will not be available in 4.6.x

Do NOT merge stuff to master yet, please.

I will send another mail over the weekend on how I think we should proceed, now we have a stable master and a first release off of it.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Remi

Re: Preparing 4.6.0 for announce

Posted by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl>.
Hi,

Once branched and tagged, I'll create the packages and upload them to
cloudstack.apt-get.eu!

Already busy on 4.7!!

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,