Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com> on 2003/01/30 11:05:03 UTC

Wish for T2.3: getting RunData

in class Turbine
public static RunData getRunData()

In certain situations it's a problem that no rundata information is
available. For example in Intake's doAssertValidity() method that is used
for custom validators to process the validation. The mehod is called before
the action-method is called and therefore it's possible to pass information
to the object before the validation is done.
Since DefaultValidator doesn't contain runtime infos either certain
validation tasks are impossible to realize.
Therefore a static accessor to get the current RunData would be beneficial.

AW: Wish for T2.3: getting RunData

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
I'm not very familiar with RunTime, but a method
public static RunData getRunData(User user)
could return the rundata of the last request by that user, wouldn't that be
possible to implement in some of the Turbine core classes?
I think it would be beneficial in various cases.

Marc

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.