Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mr. Steve R. Burrus" <bu...@swbell.net> on 2006/07/25 06:00:22 UTC

Re. Tomcat v. 5.5.17

Hello all. I have been having/encountering some difficulties in being
able to activate the 5.5.17 version of the Tomcat server! Now at the top
of the DOS window it is indicated  that I don't have the proper Library
path installed for Tomcat activation. Here is part of the error message
: >>"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:"<< Now what could the problem be?

Re: Re. Tomcat v. 5.5.17

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Mr. Steve R. Burrus wrote:
> : >>"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:"<< Now what could the problem be?

As the word "INFO" indicates this is an informational message and not one
telling you about a problem.
If you want to know more about this, search the list archives and look here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html

Regards
  mks

Re. Tomcat v. 5.5.17

Posted by John Kojo Ampia - Addison <jo...@jojoaddison.net>.
Mr. Steve R. Burrus wrote:
> Hello all. I have been having/encountering some difficulties in being
> able to activate the 5.5.17 version of the Tomcat server! Now at the
> top of the DOS window it is indicated  that I don't have the proper
> Library path installed for Tomcat activation. Here is part of the
> error message : >>"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows
> optimal performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:"<< Now what could the problem be?

There is a tool called APR on the tomcat.apache.org site.
Find this tool and install it for your OS.
Next look for a file called tomcat-native or so from the tomcat
repository and install this as well.
There are instructions on the Tomcat site for doing this.
Next just add the path to the apr/lib to the tomcat start up libraries
and you're done.
I have done it on Linux Fedora Core 5 and don't know much about doing
the same in windows but I hope this helps!