Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/16 08:27:36 UTC

hbase.apache.org homepage looks weird on Chrome and Firefox

Hi,

I am aware that recently there were some updates done on HBase website. For
last few months, more often than not, the homepage is displayed in weird
way in chrome and firefox. Is there a bug on homepage that is leading to
this view:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcpfnu4jwim28zg/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-15%20at%2011.18.46%20PM.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7xminppnzll6x7/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-15%20at%2011.19.55%20PM.png?dl=0

IMO, if the homepage looks broken then its hard to proceed ahead to read
the docs. My two cents.

Also, it would be nice if we could move docs of startgate from here:
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate to hbase.apache.org.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: hbase.apache.org homepage looks weird on Chrome and Firefox

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Yeah the pointer for REST API should send users to the package docs, not
the wiki

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: hbase.apache.org homepage looks weird on Chrome and Firefox

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
It is also possible because of HTTP resources are not loaded. I run into
this daily, because of an extension I am using which refuses to load unsafe
scripts from HTTPS links which I default to.

Usually, web sites also host the CSS and javascript files referred instead
of hot linking them. Maybe we should do the same.

Enis

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: hbase.apache.org homepage looks weird on Chrome and Firefox

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
I think use of the CDN is simply what the site template happens to do, was
not a conscience decision on our part. I'm also not aware of any Apache
Foundation policy on hosting static assets on Foundation infra vs. using
3rd party hosting solutions.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.