Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2010/06/30 23:17:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r958094 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authn_socache.c

On 25 Jun 2010, at 9:27 PM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:

> C99 is not a requirement, fix style violation niq refuses(?) to
> correct.

Out of genuine curiosity, can you explain why...

>     apr_status_t rv;
> +    const char *key;
>     unsigned char val[MAX_VAL_LEN];
>     unsigned int vallen = MAX_VAL_LEN - 1;

>     authn_cache_dircfg *dcfg = ap_get_module_config(r->per_dir_config,
>
> &authn_socache_module);

...the above line is not a style violation, but...

> -    const char *key = construct_key(r, dcfg->context, user, NULL);

...the above line is?

As I recall, rpluem asked for the same clarification.

/me would like to understand so he doesn't make the same mistake in
future.

Regards,
Graham

Re: svn commit: r958094 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authn_socache.c

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:17:59 +0200
Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:

> /me would like to understand so he doesn't make the same mistake in
> future.

I was equally confuzzled (but quiet) until I saw the commit.

The problem isn't in the chunk at line 301, it's in the near-identical
code at line 342.

I still haven't seen a reply to my first question of why the above
caused a problem, though it's now clear why the other section might've done.

--
Nick Kew