Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Elijah Jacobs <el...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/06 22:59:29 UTC

nesting: iterate cannot find attrribute

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a simple iterate .. it's even simpler that than one I
download from Arron Bate's site since the formbean has the reference to the
list of objects.

In my FormBean I have:
<code-snippet>
private Vector x = null;

public Object[] getX(){
        return  this.x.toArray();
}
 public void setX(Vector x) { this.x = x; }

</code-snippet>

I first set this attribute to some value in my action class.  In my jsp page
I have:

    <nested:iterate property="x">
        .... something
    </nested:iterate>

Note: I put this right under the <html:form .> tag since it's in the
FormBean class.

The problem is that weblogic is not finding the getter for property "x".

I get the error:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property x of bean
auctionForm

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about solving this?

thanks for any help in this,
- ej

Re: nesting: iterate cannot find attrribute

Posted by keithBacon <ke...@yahoo.com>.
just a tip - not your answer.
there are problems with property names that start with multiple capital letters
(odd things in the bean spec) so avoid them
Maybe there is a prolem with single letter names too - - your data names are
not very readable anyway......

=====