Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2007/03/05 01:36:57 UTC

WS-Addressing SOAP binding question

I was wondering whether axis2 supports the following WS-Addressing SOAP
Binding requirements from
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-soap-20060509/)

5.2 Use of Non-Anonymous Addresses in SOAP Response Endpoints
5.2.1 SOAP 1.1/HTTP

When "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous" is not specified
for the response endpoint, then the message SHOULD be part of a binding
that supports not returning a SOAP envelope in the HTTP response (e.g.
see [SOAP 1.1 Request Optional Response HTTP Binding]). Any response
message SHOULD be sent using a separate connection and using the address
value specified by response endpoint. Note that other specifications MAY
define special URIs that have other behaviors (similar to the anonymous
URI).
5.2.2 SOAP 1.2

When "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous" is not specified
for the response endpoint, then any response SHOULD NOT be the
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/mep/OutboundMessage property of the same
instance of the SOAP request-response MEP [SOAP 1.2 Adjuncts]. For
instance, a SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding that supports a one-way MEP could put
the reply message in a separate one-way MEP and a separate HTTP request.
As in SOAP 1.1/HTTP, note that other specifications MAY define special
URIs that have other behaviors (similar to the anonymous URI)

cheers
</jima>

Re: WS-Addressing SOAP binding question

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
David Illsley wrote:
> No you don't, you just need to confugure the client to 'use a separate
> listener' and the runtime will do the rest.
>
> See the EchoBlockingDualClient sample described at [1]

thxs for the link David. I will follow up

cheers
</jima>

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.