Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Frederic Laruelle <fr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/27 18:01:01 UTC

Map Reduce example for Python

I'm looking for a complete Map Reduce example for Python.
Particularly interested in how you connect to a Hadoop instance,
and how you write to and read from it.
Any pointers welcome.

Cheers,

Fred

Re: Map Reduce example for Python

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@gmail.com>.
You can also look at pyspark as an alternative to running MR with Python.

http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.1.0/programming-guide.html

--
Alex Kozlov
(408) 507-4987

Re: Map Reduce example for Python

Posted by Frederic Laruelle <fr...@gmail.com>.
Ha, actually,
You are giving me a good idea,
Ie look at the avro python implementation source code...
Tks Lewis :-)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frederic,

--