Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)" <ce...@mail.mil> on 2017/01/03 13:34:09 UTC

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Suggested license mod or FAQ

As one of those confused US Government employees, I would *definitely* like to
see some clarity here!  One of my major concerns is severability
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severability).  Assume that the US Government
(USG) licenses some work under the ASL 2.0.  ASL 2.0 depends on copyright,
which most USG works don't have within the USA.  Could a US court find that
the license *as a whole* is void on the USG works because of this?  That could
open up a real can of worms, not just the USG, but for anyone that has
downloaded the code for their own use.

Thanks,
Cem Karan

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Suggested license mod or FAQ

Posted by "Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)" <ce...@mail.mil>.
A little late, but... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-283

Thanks,
Cem Karan