Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/23 10:29:52 UTC

Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C

Hi Samisa, and others,

I belive we have an active developer community when it comes to Axis2/C.
In addition to developers who have commit privildeges, who are recognized
as members in the project team page, [1], there are also a few
contributors who have added a reasonable amount of value to the Axis2/C
project.

1. Manoj Pushpakumara - improvements to tests
2. Spencer Davis - for the nice FAQ list
3. Alastair Fettes - some suggestions to improve API documentation, and
also several other inputs made through the Axis2/C JIRA.

Wouldn't it be better if we could recognize them as contributors on the
project team page? I believe that it would encourage various other
developers to make their contributions so that they too get a recognition
as being a part of the Axis2/C project.

I'm sending this mail after a private discussion with Dinesh, who insisted
in asking the openion of Samisa, and others on the dev-list.

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/team-list.html

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi again,

For those who are not familiar about the team list, please note that this
is with regard to the Team List for the Axis2/C 1.3.0 release, and the one
that you see at the moment is the one for the Axis2/C 1.2.0 release. For
the newer version, please refer project.xml found in an svn checkout.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: [Vote][Axis2/C] Recognition of contributions [was: Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C]

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dinesh ,
> Hi Deepal,
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Deepal jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Senaka ,
>
>     Could you please start three separate mailing threads for the three
>     developers.
>

>  Do we need to call a vote for contributors too ? I didn't aware about
> that.
I am so sorry , I initially thought this is going to be a vote for
commitership. To add as a contributors we even do not need to send a
mail like this.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Vote][Axis2/C] Recognition of contributions [was: Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C]

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Senaka ,
>
> Could you please start three separate mailing threads for the three
> developers.

 Do we need to call a vote for contributors too ? I didn't aware about that.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://nethu.org/

Re: [Vote][Axis2/C] Recognition of contributions [was: Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C]

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senaka ,

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Since No one raise any objection to this proposal, I already added it under
contributors in Axis2/C 1.3.0 release docs.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://nethu.org/

[Vote][Axis2/C] Recognition of contributions [was: Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C]

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <er...@gmail.com>.
Normally in project team page, you can add people who have contributed to
the project, other than committers. They will contribute more in the future
to become committers, but it is a good idea to mention them in the page.

Good suggestion and +1 from me too.

Thanks,
Eran Chinthaka

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Milinda Pathirage <
milinda.pathirage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is my +1.
>
> Milinda
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Senaka Fernando wrote:
> > > Hi Samisa, and others,
> > >
> > > I belive we have an active developer community when it comes to
> > Axis2/C.
> > > In addition to developers who have commit privildeges, who are
> > recognized
> > > as members in the project team page, [1], there are also a few
> > > contributors who have added a reasonable amount of value to the
> > Axis2/C
> > > project.
> > >
> > > 1. Manoj Pushpakumara - improvements to tests
> > > 2. Spencer Davis - for the nice FAQ list
> > > 3. Alastair Fettes - some suggestions to improve API documentation,
> > and
> > > also several other inputs made through the Axis2/C JIRA.
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be better if we could recognize them as contributors on
> > the
> > > project team page? I believe that it would encourage various other
> > > developers to make their contributions so that they too get a
> > recognition
> > > as being a part of the Axis2/C project.
> > >
> > > I'm sending this mail after a private discussion with Dinesh, who
> > insisted
> > > in asking the openion of Samisa, and others on the dev-list.
> > >

> > You do not need to ask me :) You can rather ask form dev community in
> > general :) It is a community decision, not mine alone. I just have only
> > one +1 ;)
> >
> > Samisa...

> http://inf-dimensions.blogspot.com "Infinite Dimensions"
> http://wsaxc.blogspot.com "Web Services With Axis2/C"

--
With Mettha,
Eran Chinthaka

Health is the greatest gift; contentment is the greatest wealth; trusting is
the best relationship; nirvana is the highest joy. - Dhammapada

Re: Recognition of contributions made to Axis2/C

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.