Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Arulazi D <ar...@india.hp.com> on 2002/10/16 13:29:46 UTC

404 when invoking Axis AdminServlet

I am getting the following error page when I try to invoke the Axis
AdminServlet.

<trace>
HTTP Status 404 - /axis/servlet/AdminServlet

type Status report

message /axis/servlet/AdminServlet

description The requested resource (/axis/servlet/AdminServlet) is not
available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14

</trace>

I am using Axis 1.0 with JDK 1.4.1 deployed on Tomcat 4.1.12-LE-jdk14
running in my Win2K box.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Arul

Re: 404 when invoking Axis AdminServlet

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@boxlake.com>.
I had the same problem which was being caused by 2 problems.   I didn't have
my classpaths set up properly, try the test stock application to find out.
Also web.xml in Tomcat 4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF comes with the admin servlet
commented out by default.

BTW after getting the admin servlet running I was somewhat let down.  The
servlet simply lets you start/stop axis.  I was expecting it to let me
deploy/manage my services.