Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Omer Yousaf <om...@northbaysolutions.net> on 2014/04/17 16:21:11 UTC

Installing CouchDB from Source: Problem Installing SpiderMonkey1.8.5

Hi,
In installing CouchDB from source I am stuck at the installing
SpiderMonkey1.8.5 step. In order to run the ./configure command for couchdb
I must specify paths "--with-js-lib" and "--with-js-include" but failing to
install SpiderMonkey prevents me from doing so. I have tried to install
spidermonkey by doing following steps:
1) unpack js185-1.0.0.tar.gz and libmozjs185-devel-1.0.0-3.tar.bz2 packages
2) cd to js-1.8.5\js\src folder
3) run the command: ./configure
    or:  ./configure
--with-js-lib=/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/omer.yousaf/src/js-1.8.5/js/src/usr/lib

--with-js-include=/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/omer.yousaf/src/js-1.8.5/js/src/usr/include
I get the error "configure: error: installation or configuration problem:
C++ compiler cannot create executables".
Can you guide me as to how to get spidermonkey installed. Just FYI, I am
using this page for instructions on how to build couchdb from source
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/INSTALL.Windows.
Best Regards,
Omer Yousaf
NorthBay Solutions, Lahore

Re: Installing CouchDB from Source: Problem Installing SpiderMonkey1.8.5

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - I meant *building* on Windows rather than *installing* in the last
email.

Nick

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Marino <mm...@gmail.com>.