Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> on 2018/12/23 13:54:17 UTC

Simple Deploy Not Working (for me)

I have installed Tomcat 8.5.37 in /opt/tomcat.  My machine is running
Ubuntu 16.04.  I can run the Tomcat manager and host-manager applications.

The manager application shows webapps deployed at /, /docs, /examples,
/host-manager, and /manager.

I have a webapps located at /home/terry/TC that I'd like to deploy.

I've tried to deploy it at context path = /TC and directory URL =
file://home/terry/TC, but it fails to deploy.

I've added a symbolic link (TC) as a subdirectory of
/opt/tomcat/webapps, but that seems to do nothing.

I realize this should be slam-dunk easy, but I'm out of ideas on how to
do this.

Re: Simple Deploy Not Working (for me)

Posted by Burghard Britzke <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.
Just copy your Web-App Files Tora sub directory of the webapps folder ( May be TC). It should deploy automatically. Otherwise restart tomcat after copying.

--
Gruß
burghard.britzke