Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Cooper, Paul A" <pa...@GlaxoWellcome.com> on 2001/12/12 21:50:17 UTC

DTD Issues

I'm a new subscriber to the Xerces mailing list, and I apologize if this
topic has already been discussed.

I'm using the SAX parser in 1.4.3 to parse gene polymorphism data from NCBI.
NCBI supplies a DTD and 26 XML files, each gzipped into a separate file. The
DTD is NOT included in the gzip. I'm using a GZIPInputStream to decompress
the archive and pass it to the parser. I simply put the DTD file and the
GZIP file in the same directory.

I just upgraded to Xerces 1.4.4, and now the parser cannot find the DTD!!!
Simply switching .jar files resolves the problem, but there are other issues
which I hope 1.4.4 resolves.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem??? I am a relative novice with
XML, as this is the first project I've done, so forgive me if I am
overlooking something obvious. And thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paul Cooper
Java Programmer, Bioinformatics, US Discovery Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline
MAI.A0240A
Elion-Hitchings/RTP/USA
(919) 483-8497
You'll be better off on the ground.
No I won't, I'll be dead.
Well, it's your habitat, not mine.
It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a question of how fast you
hit it.