Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nanheng Wu <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 00:16:15 UTC

Removed /hbase and cluster won't start

Hi,

  I am doing some tests on a HBase cluster and after a while (when the
cluster reached capacity limit) I wanted to just remove all the data
in it. Instead of dropping each table one by one I just removed /hbase
directory from HDFS altogether. When I tried to restart the cluster I
got errors like "Filesystem seems to be upgraded, run this migrate
script...". I realized I probably did something bad. How can I just
clean up all the data and start my cluster again? Thanks!

Re: Removed /hbase and cluster won't start

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Does hadoop fs -lsr /hbase

show anything?

I have sometimes run into an issue where a stray /hbase/version hangs
out when i thought i deleted everything.

try more deleting!

-ryan