Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Kandoi, Nikhil" <Ni...@emc.com> on 2014/08/27 13:38:57 UTC

What happens when .....?

Hi All,

I have a system where files are coming in hdfs at regular intervals and I perform an operation everytime the directory size goes above a particular point.
My Question is that when I submit a map reduce job, would it only work on the files present at that point ??

Regards,
Nikhil Kandoi

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Mahesh Khandewal <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com>.
Or, maybe have a look at Apache Falcon:
Falcon - Apache Falcon - Data management and processing platform

Falcon - Apache Falcon - Data management and processing platform
Apache Falcon - Data management and processing platform
View on falcon.incubator.apache.org Preview by Yahoo

Re: What happens when .....?

Re: What happens when .....?

Re: What happens when .....?

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a system where files are coming in hdfs at regular intervals and I
> perform an operation everytime the directory size goes above a particular
> point.
>
> My Question is that when I submit a map reduce job, would it only work on
> the files present at that point ??
>

> Regards,
> Nikhil Kandoi

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a system where files are coming in hdfs at regular intervals and I
> perform an operation everytime the directory size goes above a particular
> point.
>
> My Question is that when I submit a map reduce job, would it only work on
> the files present at that point ??
>

> Regards,
> Nikhil Kandoi

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a system where files are coming in hdfs at regular intervals and I
> perform an operation everytime the directory size goes above a particular
> point.
>
> My Question is that when I submit a map reduce job, would it only work on
> the files present at that point ??
>

> Regards,
> Nikhil Kandoi

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: What happens when .....?

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io>.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a system where files are coming in hdfs at regular intervals and I
> perform an operation everytime the directory size goes above a particular
> point.
>
> My Question is that when I submit a map reduce job, would it only work on
> the files present at that point ??
>

> Regards,
> Nikhil Kandoi

*Stanley Shi,*