Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2016/03/02 18:00:07 UTC

Writeable Git repos at ASF

FYI:
http://www.apache.org/dev/writable-git

which points to more useful info:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/

I'd like to see how the read-only mirrors at github fit into this.
I would personally find it a more efficient development process if we can utilise the github facilities around pull requests.
Dan.

Re: Writeable Git repos at ASF

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:

> FYI:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/writable-git
>
> which points to more useful info:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/
>
> I'd like to see how the read-only mirrors at github fit into this.
> I would personally find it a more efficient development process if we can
> utilise the github facilities around pull requests.
> Dan.

Users can fork and provide pull requests in github.

While merging, you then need to merge into your clone from the writable
github.

You can see some examples here :
https://github.com/SparkTC/development-guidelines/blob/master/contributing-to-projects.md

--