Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anton Shepelev <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/22 17:03:25 UTC

Reintragration using 'swtich'

Hello, all

I  have created a new branch on the server using the
^ notation, switched to it from my trunk,  and  made
some  changes.   Now,  in  order to reintegrate, the
manual says I need a working copy of the trunk,  and
that  I can obtain one using 'switch'.  If I, howev-
er, I swtich locally back to the trunk, I will  lose
the branch working copy.  Is the wroking copy of the
branch not required for reintegration?

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.

Re: Reintragration using 'swtich'

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 02:10:35PM +0300, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Can you please tell me what happens to uncommitted changes
> in the working copy during a 'switch'?

The same as with 'update'.
Local changes are merged with incoming changes.

You can think of 'switch' as an 'update' which is not limited to
traversing just the revision number space, but which can traverse
both the revision number space and the in-repository path space.

Re: Reintragration using 'swtich'

Posted by Anton Shepelev <an...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Shahaf to Anton Shepelev:

>>Is the wroking copy of the branch not required for
>>reintegration?
>
>It's not required.  You can 'switch' your working copy to
>trunk and run

Thank you.

/\  http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Re: Reintragration using 'swtich'

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Anton Shepelev wrote on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 20:03 +0300:
> Is the wroking copy of the branch not required for reintegration?

It's not required.  You can 'switch' your working copy to trunk and run
'svn merge' passing it the URL of the feature branch.