Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by beooi alex <be...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/03/28 12:43:14 UTC

[users@httpd] quick connection then wait but for what?

hello,

first of all excuse me for my poor english :)

this is our lvs cluster:

                             director

                              switch

           |                                              |
web/mailserver                          webmailserver
           |                                              |

                              switch

           |                                              |
     fileserver                              databaseserver

we have a strange problem:
we don't use nor identd nor hostnamelookup but we have those symptoms...

when you request a page, the result is the same with a 1ko page or a 10 mo one,
you see connection, opening, then you wait between 1 and 3 seconds,
then everything appear very fast

we didn't have this problem before we "clustered" our installation.
we add a smart array 641 controller with 4 discs (raid10) for the fileserver.
we tried quite all combinaisons of rsize, wsize, tcp, udp, version 2; version 3.

we don't understand how this cluster can respond slower than before.

have we got to modify some apache parameters?
...?

thanks a lot in advance for your responses/help. :)

alex.

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Re: [users@httpd] quick connection then wait but for what?

Posted by Didier Peereboom Voller <di...@simpelinternet.nl>.
Hai,

Simple test. Can you by pass the director? Plug in a laptop on the
switch second switch and do requests there? If the delay is there it is
a problem in the webserver. If the delay is gone it is the director.

Narrow down the problem.

Also does this problem happen under load or when the system is doing
nothing except serve your request?

Didier.