Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com> on 2013/12/13 14:06:45 UTC

Bumping Netty version upgrade - from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Hi folks,

Recently when analyzing the build failures in windows machine, I had hit few issues with netty external resource management. I've raised jira to discuss more on this, please have a look at the JIRA ZOOKEEPER-1838. The issue has been resolved in my environment after upgrading the netty version to 3.2.9.

Presently zookeeper is using very old version of netty-3.2.2. In netty there are many potential issues resolved after this release. IMHO, it would be good to discuss about upgrading the netty to the latest version. I'd like to know  any different thoughts or concerns(compatibility) in upgrading the netty version?

Thanks,
Rakesh

Re: Bumping Netty version upgrade - from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
I tried the patch from ZOOKEEPER-1715. The timeout issue is fixed, but
I get some failures. The patch works fine on ubuntu 12.04. Should I
check this in anyways and fixed these failures separately?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.