Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Silva <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/05 16:40:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Forwarding requests based on an header or RURI param

Hi guys,

I'm deploying Apache between one client and two http servers. I want Apache
to be able to decide to which http server it needs to send the client
request, based on a header or RURI param that comes on the request sent by
the client.
I'm only able to change on the RURI the parameters. The rest of the string
needs to be the same.

Can this be done with apache? and if yes, do you have a sample?

Many thanks!!
Luís

Re: [users@httpd] Forwarding requests based on an header or RURI param

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:40:13 +0100
Luis Silva <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm deploying Apache between one client and two http servers. I want
> Apache to be able to decide to which http server it needs to send the
> client request, based on a header or RURI param that comes on the
> request sent by the client.

Is a RURI param a part of a header?

You can test your input in an <If ...> expression, and
configure one backend in the If block and the other in
an Else(If).

--
Nick Kew