Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 21:39:56 UTC

Re: svn commit: r735060 - /incubator/pdfbox/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/filter/FlateFilter.java

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM,  <le...@apache.org> wrote:
> New Revision: 735060
> [...]
> Log:
> Prevent EOFException by calculating the correct buffersize before accessing the InputStream.
> Thanks to Peter Lenahan for his Hint

It's generally a good idea (though not a strict requirement) to have
issues reported for all fixes and refer to them in the commit message.
This makes it easier to see what's changed in a release (you only need
to look at a nice report in Jira instead of going through the svn
log), and also helps when someone later looks at the code history and
try to find a better context to particular changes.

It may seem a bit silly to do this for simple changes like this where
filing the issue probably takes more time than committing the changes,
but it does pay off in the long run.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: svn commit: r735060 - /incubator/pdfbox/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/filter/FlateFilter.java

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
> It's generally a good idea (though not a strict requirement) to have
> issues reported for all fixes and refer to them in the commit message.
> This makes it easier to see what's changed in a release (you only need
> to look at a nice report in Jira instead of going through the svn
> log), and also helps when someone later looks at the code history and
> try to find a better context to particular changes.
>
> It may seem a bit silly to do this for simple changes like this where
> filing the issue probably takes more time than committing the changes,
> but it does pay off in the long run.
I agree with you. This commit is releated to PDFBOX-94 and I simply
forgot to mention it in my commit-comment.
I'll try to do it better in future. :-)

Andreas