Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Yaron Rosenbaum <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/26 18:00:30 UTC

Creating multiple nodes in separate threads

Hi

I’m trying to create multiple nodes in multiple threads on GCE (each thread creates a single node) (the nodes have different properties, hence need different templates).

The problem is, that when trying to create more than 4 nodes, the fifth node doesn’t get created. The API just hangs.
I’m guessing there’s some sort of rate limiting on the GCE side, wondering if this is correct, and if so - how to throttle down jClouds. Otherwise - what could possibly be causing this?

Regards,
Yaron
(Y)

Re: Creating multiple nodes in separate threads

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Reading it again I notice I said "thread dump" where I wanted to say thread
stack traces :)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Yaron,

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
GCE rate limits to 20 requests/second so you are probably hitting that with the default polling periods. Try setting POLL_INITIAL_PERIOD to something like 1000 and POLL_MAX_PERIOD to 5000 and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Custine