Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Bimal Mehta <bi...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/06 00:33:22 UTC

Postgre Hive Connection Password

Hi,
I have hive metadata running on a Postgre database. Hive was configured and
setup using ambari sometime back. It seems that there is a password needed
to make a thrift connection to hive server. The ODBC connection works fine
without password. However for thrift connection (from Apacahe NiFi) the
authentication fails and the log file says
": Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed
for user "hive"
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get
JDBC Connection; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "hive" "

I searched the hive-site xml for *'**javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword',*
but there was no such property.

How do i get the initial password that was used while creating the
database? I tried a lot of stuff mentioned online but none of them worked

Thanks
BM