Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Victor González <vg...@finaccess.com.mx> on 2001/05/08 01:31:24 UTC

URGENT!

Hi!, I get the following exceptions from tomcat when I try to access a secure JSP using Veisign certificates:

	2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
	2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( /) Socket closed

And the browser displays the following message:

	The page cannot be displayed

I can get Tomcat SSL working if I generate the .keystore the following way:

	keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

But when I:

	1. generate a request and key;
		openssl req -new -out REQ.pem -keyout KEY.pem
	2. generate a self signed certificate;
		openssl req -x509 -in REQ.pem -key KEY.pem -out CERT.pem
	3. and finally import the certificate into the .keystore;
		keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias tomcat -file
CERT.pem

I need this to work so I can use a certificate from verisign.

PLEASE IF YOU WILL FIX THIS WITH A PATCH, LET ME KNOW WHEN IT BE AVAILABLE, BECAUSE WE ARE REALLY URGENT TO MAKE THIS WORK.

ANOTHER ISSUE, WHEN WE TRY TO CONNECT THE APACHE-SSL WITH TOMCAT WE CAN'T MADE IT WORK, WHERE CAN QWE FIND A HOW-TO FOR THIS PROBLEM, WE READ THE ON-LINE DOCUMENTATION AND IT DOESN'T WORK.

Thanks!!!

Re: URGENT!

Posted by "Anthony W. Marino" <an...@AWMObjects.com>.
Uppercase words represents shouting which is poor list etiquette.

Re: URGENT!

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 5/7/01 4:31 PM, "Victor González" <vg...@finaccess.com.mx> wrote:

> PLEASE IF YOU WILL FIX THIS WITH A PATCH, LET ME KNOW WHEN IT BE AVAILABLE,
> BECAUSE WE ARE REALLY URGENT TO MAKE THIS WORK.
>
> ANOTHER ISSUE, WHEN WE TRY TO CONNECT THE APACHE-SSL WITH TOMCAT WE CAN'T MADE
> IT WORK, WHERE CAN QWE FIND A HOW-TO FOR THIS PROBLEM, WE READ THE ON-LINE
> DOCUMENTATION AND IT DOESN'T WORK.

YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND POST TO THE WRONG MAILING LIST SO YOUR MESSAGE WILL
BE IGNORED.

:-)

-jon